Cop held for accepting bribe booked for assaulting ACB sleuths
- Rail Budget 2015: No hike in passenger fares, Prabhu promises modern rail network
- Rail Budget: Ally Shiv Sena not satisfied, but Mulayam says Prabhu has done a 'good job'
- Rail Budget futuristic and passenger centric: PM Modi
- PDP, BJP thrash out differences; all clear for Mufti-Modi meeting tomorrow
- Hummer horror: Senior policeman suspended for secretly meeting Kerala businessman
Ambre, attached to the control room of Pune police commissionerate, allegedly manhandled ACB slueths who nabbed him while accepting a bribe from the manager of a hotel in Hadapsar
A Constable arrested by the state Anti Corruption Bureau (ACB) has also been booked under section 353 of the Indian Penal Code (deterring a public servant from discharging his duties).
A court on Tuesday remanded Havaldar Vijay Kashinath Ambre (51) in police custody for two days.
Ambre, attached to the control room at Pune police commissionerate, allegedly manhandled ACB slueths when they tried to nab him while accepting a bribe from Vitthal Dongre, manager of Ajinkya Hotel in Hadapsar.
About nine days ago, Ambre allegedly demanded a bribe of
Rs 60,000 from Dongre to avoid police action. Ambre had claimed that hotel customers were bringing women for flesh trade to the hotel .
Ambre threatened Dongre that if he failed to meet his demand, he will call up police patrol teams and ask them to raid the hotel. He had initially demanded Rs 60,000, but brought it down to Rs 30,000. He asked Dongre to meet him with the money outside the General Post Office near Pune police commissionerate on Monday evening.
Dongre, however, filed a complaint with the ACB, Pune office.
ACB had sought police custody of Ambre to probe whether he had taken money from other hotels too.