Cop hurt as thieves on bike run over him
- AAP battles Modi in Delhi, Congress missing
- First time, Narendra Modi slams Mamata Banerjee, calls her change ânakliâ
- Third phase of LS polls ends: High turnout in 91 seats; Chandigarh tops with 74 per cent
- Riot victims fight fear to vote, get glimpse of home
- Narendra Modi mentioned wife in poll affidavit after SC order on full disclosure
A constable from Pant Nagar police station was injured after two thieves on a bike ran over him on M G Road Monday.
Police said the accused fled the spot after the incident and they have launched a manhunt for them.
Police said the incident occurred around 4 am when constables Yashwant Kadam and Chandrakant Gaur were conducting random checks of vehicles on Derasar Lane.
"The constables tried to stop a motorcycle coming towards. The men riding it, however, sped without stopping. The bike hit Kadam and veered out of control. It then hit an electricity pole. The duo abandoned the bike and fled," said assistant inspector Keshav Kasar.
Gaur informed the control room about the accident. Police immediately set up nakabandis in Ghatkopar, but failed to net the duo.
Kadam was taken to Rajawadi Hospital and later shifted to Wockhardt Hospital in Mulund.
"We have seized the bike. A bag containing two stereo sets was strapped to its carrier. We suspect these were stolen from cars," said an officer, who did not wish to be named.
- Srinath wins title but Deshpande steals show
- Ambala Lok Sabha constituency: 65.15 pc vote in Panchkula district
- ‘No smoking’ signages to dot polling booths
- City breaks electoral record as 74 pc turn out to vote
- BJP campaign in Varanasi starts April 12 — without Modi
- Cong spending Rs 50 cr on each constituency: Kumaraswamy