Cop in dock for ‘rape’: Police scan hotel records, CCTV footage
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's book by Rajiv Gandhi govt was wrong: Chidambaram
- Woman IPS officer transferred after spat with Haryana health minister
- Pakistan ready for talks with India without preconditions, says Nawaz Sharif: Report
- Cabinet expansion in Maharashtra sets pitch for lobbying in BJP
- Bhushans should join BJP, says AAP after criticism of Janlokpal
The Ahmedabad Crime Branch officials probing the rape case of a woman, who had lodged an FIR against the Gujarat High Court security in-charge officer, has begun an operation to hunt for the CCTV footage and records from all hotels in this connection.
The trail has reached Bhuj and now it will also reach Dehradoon in Uttarkhand to collect evidences in the rape case.
Accused inspector F M Qureshi was produced in the city court that has remanded him a two-day police custody.
In her FIR, the woman Lieutenant Colonel in Indian Army alleged that the inspector had forcefully taken her to various hotels in Ahmedabad, Bhuj and also in her native place at Dehradoon and hill stations like Kullu, Manali and Nanital.
She also claimed that Qureshi had promised to marry her and only then she had accepted his advances. The woman said in the FIR that he went back on his word.
Assistant Commissioner of Police (Crime Branch) K N Patel said, "Qureshi confessed that he had taken her to various hotels in Gujarat and even outside. But he claimed that she has trapped him as he refused to give her a sum of money that she had demanded from him. He had also lodged an FIR against her in Gujarat and in Dehradun."
The crime branch team has left for Bhuj along with the complainant to collect evidences from Welcome Guest House where the couple stayed several times, sources said.
Police said the woman has so far identified only one Ashish Hotel of Shahpur and one Neelkanth Guest House in Ahmedabad besides Welcome Guest House in Bhuj (Kutch) where he allegedly raped her.
"We have collected the manual records from Ashish Hotel that supports her claim but she is not able to identify the Neelkanth Guest House. The trail would also reach Dehradoon where she was taken by Qureshi," Patel said.
- True economic reform is one that makes a clean break from the past
- When Aamir chooses to talk about fears of Hindu intolerance, he does his faith a disservice
- Cricket is the only Indian religion in whose name people don’t kill each other
- There is a complaint about intolerance from those who frankly don’t like the change in govt
- Inside track: Changing tactics
- Good governance is in actions, not in 'abolishing' religious holidays of minorities