Cop in dock for ‘rape’: Police scan hotel records, CCTV footage
- David Headley connects the dots: Hafiz Saeed, ISI, failed Mumbai attacks
- David Headley: Travelled to India 8 times, changed name for passport
- Rs 1.14 lakh crore of bad debts: The great government bank write-off
- Caste came up in 3 suicide probes at Hyderabad University
- Uttar Pradesh has been turned into 'Islamic state': Sena mouthpiece on Ghulam Ali concert
The Ahmedabad Crime Branch officials probing the rape case of a woman, who had lodged an FIR against the Gujarat High Court security in-charge officer, has begun an operation to hunt for the CCTV footage and records from all hotels in this connection.
The trail has reached Bhuj and now it will also reach Dehradoon in Uttarkhand to collect evidences in the rape case.
Accused inspector F M Qureshi was produced in the city court that has remanded him a two-day police custody.
In her FIR, the woman Lieutenant Colonel in Indian Army alleged that the inspector had forcefully taken her to various hotels in Ahmedabad, Bhuj and also in her native place at Dehradoon and hill stations like Kullu, Manali and Nanital.
She also claimed that Qureshi had promised to marry her and only then she had accepted his advances. The woman said in the FIR that he went back on his word.
Assistant Commissioner of Police (Crime Branch) K N Patel said, "Qureshi confessed that he had taken her to various hotels in Gujarat and even outside. But he claimed that she has trapped him as he refused to give her a sum of money that she had demanded from him. He had also lodged an FIR against her in Gujarat and in Dehradun."
The crime branch team has left for Bhuj along with the complainant to collect evidences from Welcome Guest House where the couple stayed several times, sources said.
Police said the woman has so far identified only one Ashish Hotel of Shahpur and one Neelkanth Guest House in Ahmedabad besides Welcome Guest House in Bhuj (Kutch) where he allegedly raped her.
"We have collected the manual records from Ashish Hotel that supports her claim but she is not able to identify the Neelkanth Guest House. The trail would also reach Dehradoon where she was taken by Qureshi," Patel said.
- Government must resolve growing burden of non-performing assets
- Outrage over police assault on students is meaningless
- Right to a toilet: For the health, dignity and safety of women in slums
- Raja-Mandala: Maritime India versus Continental Delhi
- The Akhilesh-Mulayam duet
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress