Cop, rape accused go missing on way to court
- What signal is Obama administration sending by selling more F-16 fighter jets to Pakistan?
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurates 'Make in India Week' in Mumbai
- JNU student leader held on ‘sedition’ charges over Afzal Guru event
- JNU arrests over Afzal Guru event are ill-judged, threatens basic rights
- Live updates from the David Headley deposition before Mumbai court
A rape accused and a police constable who had brought him to appear in the court of Jhansi district judge have been missing since Monday afternoon. According to the police, Sanjay Rai, a resident of Jhansi, who is an accused in a rape case registered at Babina police station of the district last year, was lodged in Jhansi district jail. He was brought to the court along with several other inmates for appearance on Monday and was lodged in the cell built inside the court premises.