Cop, rape accused go missing on way to court
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate
- BJP complains to EC over St Xavier principal's criticism of Modi's Guj model of development
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs RR: RR face stiff CSK challenge in Dubai
A rape accused and a police constable who had brought him to appear in the court of Jhansi district judge have been missing since Monday afternoon. According to the police, Sanjay Rai, a resident of Jhansi, who is an accused in a rape case registered at Babina police station of the district last year, was lodged in Jhansi district jail. He was brought to the court along with several other inmates for appearance on Monday and was lodged in the cell built inside the court premises.
In the afternoon, Jitendra Singh, who was posted with the Jhansi Reserve Police Line, took Rai for his appearance before the court of the district judge. However, when the name of Rai was announced in the court at 2 pm he was not there. On coming to know about the disappearance of Rai and the constable, police launched a search but neither was found. The police have lodged an FIR at Nawavad police station against Rai and Singh under various sections of IPC including 224 (Resistance or obstruction by a person to his lawful apprehension) on the complaint of Sub-Inspector Malkhe Dikshit.
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'