Cop suspended for entering religious premises in tipsy state
- Eyes on UP prize, Modi set for Varanasi
- CRPF says police stalled its plan, may have averted Maoist ambush
- To beat poll code, first Jaya movie with MGR returns, angers DMK
- Ishrat Jahan fake encounter case: Javed Sheikh's father moves CBI court against Amit Shah, ex-DGP; wants them arraigned
- Editors slam Arvind Kejriwal for 'irresponsible' media remark
A police inspector was suspended for allegedly disrespecting the sanctity of a religious place by entering it in an "inebriated state," a senior police official said today.
Kanhiwada Police Station in-charge N S Kumre, while on patrolling duty late last night, entered a religious place to enquire about some renovation work going on there.
At that time, a person there engaged in the renovation work found that the police officer was in an inebriated condition and had also not removed his shoes before entering the sacred place, Seoni district's Superintendent of Police (SP) Mithilesh Shukla told reporters here.
The employee immediately informed the authorities following which several persons reached the spot and confined Kumre to a room.
They later informed senior police officials about it following which Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) Mukesh Shrivastava reached the spot and released Kumre from there.
The police personnel was later taken to a hospital for his medical examination which confirmed that he was in an inebriated condition, the SP said.
Taking serious note of it, the SP immediately ordered suspension of Kumre and a probe against him.