Cop took arrow hit on head while saving SPMadhuparna Das
- Vyapam scam: MP government agrees to get journalist's viscera tested at AIIMS in Delhi
- Opinion polls show 'No' votes ahead in Greek bailout referendum
- Pakistan violates ceasefire again in Kashmir, BSF gives befitting reply
- Will do everything possible to make India innovation hub: PM Narendra Modi
- Jabalpur Medical College Dean with links to Vyapam accused found dead
Policemen, who were hit by arrows, also deny firing at the villagers. Instead they said they came under heavy attack from the villagers.
Subimal Hazra, security guard of the SP, Hrishikesh Meena, was hit by arrow on his head. He was in the OT for several hours.
Hazra told The Indian Express, "After I reached the spot along with (SP) sir, I found villagers shooting arrows and hurling crude bombs at us. Police also charged tear gas shell. Three arrows hit me in my attempt to save(SP) sir. But it could not pierce my body it hit my helmet and my belt. At one point, I saw a villager was trying to hit (SP) sir with a lathi. I tried to stop him. My helmet slipped a bit and an arrow directly hit my head. I was immediately removed from the spot."