Copper, lead strengthen on industrial demand
- Delhi High Court raps MCD for strike, says common people are suffering
- Delhi air will never be safe because of its geographical disadvantage: Panel tells High Court
- Tanzanian student targeted because she was black, says envoy
- Supreme Court tells BCCI: Fall in line, Lodha panel report deserves respect
- Adarsh scam: CBI gets Maha Governor's nod to prosecute Ashok Chavan
Copper and lead strengthened by Rs 3 each per kg on the local non-ferrous metals market today on increased demand from consuming industries.
However, nickel and other base metals closed flat in range-bound movements on some deals.
Traders said increased buying by stockists following an upswing in industrial demand helped select base metals to rise.
In the national capital, copper mixed scrap rose by Rs 3 each to Rs 400 per kg. Lead ingot and imported also rose by similar margin to Rs 137 and Rs 135 per kg, respectively.
The following are metal rates per kg:
Zinc ingot 108-112, nickel plate (4x4) 1,036-1,039, gun metal scrap 227, bell metal scrap 229, copper mixed scrap 400, chadri deshi 285.