Cops arrest seven for teasing woman and slapping her boyfriend
- Sonia Gandhi attacks BJP ideology, says Country is at crossroads
- Rahul mocks Modi, says his Gujarat development model is a toffee model
- Under fire over Baru's revelation, Congress retorts by calling 'Vajpayee the weakest PM India ever had'
- Narendra Modi, party not separate, no infighting: BJP on Joshi's remarks
- Priyanka Gandhi denies report on fighting polls against Modi
The Banjara Hills police today arrested seven accused for allegedly detaining a woman's car and slapping her boyfriend, the police said.
One Amer Hasan and his friends were arrested after they detained the car of the woman, who is a stock broker, at Banjara Hills late last night and slapped her boyfriend Sridhar after a heated argument, the police said.
The woman and her boyfriend who were allegedly inebriated had earlier "threatened" Amer after he allegedly "teased" her at a pub in Madhapur, the police said.
Amer, along with his friends later had an argument with the woman and her boyfriend Sridhar.
However, after the incident, the woman approached the Banjara Hills police, claiming that some miscreants had tried to abduct her, which was not true, the police said.
Nevertheless, the police arrested Amer and others who were booked under relevent sections of Indian Penal Code.
- Sonia, Rahul must come clean on issues raised in the books:BJP
- Security men at every step, Shinde keeps ‘safe distance’ from voters, debunks charges
- In Beed, Modi factor dents Munde’s goodwill among Muslims
- Ambareesh campaigns for Nilekani
- Raids on Bellary moneylender yield Rs 8.74 crore cash
- MP faces Amreli villagers’ ire in campaign