Cops arrest seven for teasing woman and slapping her boyfriend
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's book by Rajiv Gandhi govt was wrong: Chidambaram
- Woman IPS officer transferred after spat with Haryana health minister
- Pakistan ready for talks with India without preconditions, says Nawaz Sharif: Report
- Cabinet expansion in Maharashtra sets pitch for lobbying in BJP
- Bhushans should join BJP, says AAP after criticism of Janlokpal
The Banjara Hills police today arrested seven accused for allegedly detaining a woman's car and slapping her boyfriend, the police said.
One Amer Hasan and his friends were arrested after they detained the car of the woman, who is a stock broker, at Banjara Hills late last night and slapped her boyfriend Sridhar after a heated argument, the police said.
The woman and her boyfriend who were allegedly inebriated had earlier "threatened" Amer after he allegedly "teased" her at a pub in Madhapur, the police said.
Amer, along with his friends later had an argument with the woman and her boyfriend Sridhar.
However, after the incident, the woman approached the Banjara Hills police, claiming that some miscreants had tried to abduct her, which was not true, the police said.
- True economic reform is one that makes a clean break from the past
- When Aamir chooses to talk about fears of Hindu intolerance, he does his faith a disservice
- Cricket is the only Indian religion in whose name people don’t kill each other
- There is a complaint about intolerance from those who frankly don’t like the change in govt
- Inside track: Changing tactics
- Good governance is in actions, not in 'abolishing' religious holidays of minorities