Cops ask family to complete last rites by 8 am
- Porn ban: Govt lifts ban on websites sans child pornography
- Mumbai attacks: Five explosive revelations made by Tariq Khosa
- Parliamentary panel on land bill postpones meet following suspension of Congress MP
- Combative Opposition stalls Parliament proceedings
- Missing Pawan Hans chopper sighted, rescue operation to resume tomorrow
He alleged that the woman's family was asked to cremate the body in the dark, but they refused to do so till after sunrise.
Minister of State for Home R P N Singh, who arrived at the Dwarka cremation grounds with two wreaths, folded his hands in front of the woman's father and apologised "for everything that has happened".
Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit arrived after the sunrise and placed a wreath near the burning pyre. She met with the family and ensured justice for their daughter.