Cops ask family to complete last rites by 8 am
- David Headley connects the dots: Hafiz Saeed, ISI, failed Mumbai attacks
- David Headley: Travelled to India 8 times, changed name for passport
- Rs 1.14 lakh crore of bad debts: The great government bank write-off
- Caste came up in 3 suicide probes at Hyderabad University
- Uttar Pradesh has been turned into 'Islamic state': Sena mouthpiece on Ghulam Ali concert
He alleged that the woman's family was asked to cremate the body in the dark, but they refused to do so till after sunrise.
Minister of State for Home R P N Singh, who arrived at the Dwarka cremation grounds with two wreaths, folded his hands in front of the woman's father and apologised "for everything that has happened".
Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit arrived after the sunrise and placed a wreath near the burning pyre. She met with the family and ensured justice for their daughter.
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress
- Strategies anchored in incubators fail to foster entrepreneurship
- Existing regime of film censorship is unconstitutional
- Section 377: A right to love
- PM Oli has been lucky, but his political survival looks uncertain
- Across the aisle- MGNREGA: Making a meal of words