Cops ask family to complete last rites by 8 am
- Dadri reminds us how PM Modi bears responsibility for the poison that is being spread
- Kill policemen, never commit suicide: Hardik tells Patel youth
- From Arvind Kejriwal to Rahul Gandhi: Who said what on Dadri lynching
- Forensic lab rules out drug overdose in Indrani Mukerjea case
- Bihar polls: After Nitish Kumar's remark, BJP promises free petrol for scooties
He alleged that the woman's family was asked to cremate the body in the dark, but they refused to do so till after sunrise.
Minister of State for Home R P N Singh, who arrived at the Dwarka cremation grounds with two wreaths, folded his hands in front of the woman's father and apologised "for everything that has happened".
Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit arrived after the sunrise and placed a wreath near the burning pyre. She met with the family and ensured justice for their daughter.