Copís body found hanging at Pimpri police office
- Naxal threat has to be quashed with a firm hand, says Pranab, as Maoists kill 16 in Chhattisgarh ambush
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to the west coast
- AAP defends Rs 20,000 per person dinner with Kejriwal, says it was transparent
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Narendra Modi's new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish Kumar
A police head-constable, Bharat Gaikwad (50), was found dead at his Pimpri police quarters office on Tuesday. The body was hanging from the ceiling. Police suspect it to be a case of suicide but the reason for the extreme step was not known when reports last came in.
A resident of Bhosari, Gaikwad was attached to Shivajinagar police headquarters and was in charge of maintenance of the Pimpri police quarters. He left home at the usual time on Monday but did not return, said police.
When he did not come home till Tuesday afternoon, the family started making enquiries and went to his office on the second floor of the police quarters. Finding no response to knocks on the office door, the family members informed Pimpri police. Soon, a team broke open the door to find his body hanging from a rope attached to the ceiling.
No suicide note was found.
Police said further investigations were on. Gaikwad is survived by his wife, son and two daughters who are married.
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express