Copís body found hanging at Pimpri police office
- Attempt was made to assassinate Bal Thackeray: David Headley
- Won't campaign in upcoming Assembly polls: Kanhaiya Kumar
- Ind vs Ban: MS Dhoni sprints, Men in Blue win in photo finish
- Brussels Attack: Three suicide bombers identified, police hunt fourth
- Everyone must chant 'Bharat Mata Ki Jai', amend law: Baba Ramdev
A police head-constable, Bharat Gaikwad (50), was found dead at his Pimpri police quarters office on Tuesday. The body was hanging from the ceiling. Police suspect it to be a case of suicide but the reason for the extreme step was not known when reports last came in.
A resident of Bhosari, Gaikwad was attached to Shivajinagar police headquarters and was in charge of maintenance of the Pimpri police quarters. He left home at the usual time on Monday but did not return, said police.
When he did not come home till Tuesday afternoon, the family started making enquiries and went to his office on the second floor of the police quarters. Finding no response to knocks on the office door, the family members informed Pimpri police. Soon, a team broke open the door to find his body hanging from a rope attached to the ceiling.
No suicide note was found.
- Europe’s jihad crisis is not a problem of its Muslim communities but the outcome of cultural dislocations
- Impeachment motion against Dilma Rousseff is just one strand of crisis in Brazil
- To become a nation, you don’t need one language or one religion
- Disaster-conscious planning is helping India better prepare for natural calamities
- Telescope: Brussels, after Paris
- Veterans of the Assam Movement now fight polls. But the bitterness and the issues linger on