Copís body found hanging at Pimpri police office
- Government issues notification for OROP implementation
- BJP marks strong electoral presence in Kerala civic polls
- Will ensure accountability of each and every penny: PM Modi on 80,000 cr J&K package
- #MarchforIndia rally: Nobody has the right to call our country intolerant, says Anupam Kher
- RSS destroying liberal, secular India: Rahul Gandhi
A police head-constable, Bharat Gaikwad (50), was found dead at his Pimpri police quarters office on Tuesday. The body was hanging from the ceiling. Police suspect it to be a case of suicide but the reason for the extreme step was not known when reports last came in.
A resident of Bhosari, Gaikwad was attached to Shivajinagar police headquarters and was in charge of maintenance of the Pimpri police quarters. He left home at the usual time on Monday but did not return, said police.
When he did not come home till Tuesday afternoon, the family started making enquiries and went to his office on the second floor of the police quarters. Finding no response to knocks on the office door, the family members informed Pimpri police. Soon, a team broke open the door to find his body hanging from a rope attached to the ceiling.
No suicide note was found.
- Across the aisle: Win or lose, Mr Modi will be on test in Bihar polls
- Reverse Swing: Narendra Modi's governance is a lost opportunity
- Fifth Column: Bihar’s future vs Bihar’s past
- Out of my mind: What India can learn from Margaret Thatcher on intolerance
- Inside Track: Strained relations
- Bihar polls: Reservations an effort to polarise India’s pluralistic society