Copís body found hanging at Pimpri police office
- Rahul Gandhi fasts with agitating students at Hyd university, BJP calls it 'cheap politics'
- Classic politics of vulturisation: BJP on Rahul's visit to Hyd University
- Month before budget, Raghuram Rajan cautions: Don’t overspend to spur growth
- Solar scam: Kerala HC grants Chandy some relief as Saritha targets his son
- Centre justifies President’s rule in Arunachal: ‘Threat from China, war-like situation’
A police head-constable, Bharat Gaikwad (50), was found dead at his Pimpri police quarters office on Tuesday. The body was hanging from the ceiling. Police suspect it to be a case of suicide but the reason for the extreme step was not known when reports last came in.
A resident of Bhosari, Gaikwad was attached to Shivajinagar police headquarters and was in charge of maintenance of the Pimpri police quarters. He left home at the usual time on Monday but did not return, said police.
When he did not come home till Tuesday afternoon, the family started making enquiries and went to his office on the second floor of the police quarters. Finding no response to knocks on the office door, the family members informed Pimpri police. Soon, a team broke open the door to find his body hanging from a rope attached to the ceiling.
No suicide note was found.
- Equality before law must be accompanied by equality in social practices
- Indian policymakers underestimate problems emanating from emerging economies
- The Council of Islamic Ideology symbolises a contagion of pious madness
- India cannot continue to fight a 21st century battle with 19th century institutions
- Odd-even policy took on pollution. Now address congestion.
- Does Masood's 'protective custody' reflect Pak army's new policy?