Copís body found hanging at Pimpri police office
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- Modi's jibe at Mulayam: âBalaatkariyon ke liye Netaji ka mann ekdum mulayam haiâ
- Malaysian Airlines MH370: 4 questions about missing plane answered
- After denying a 'Modi wave', Joshi endorses Modi as India's next PM
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Sonia and Rahul were the primary decision makers while Manmohan was just a facade, says Modi
A police head-constable, Bharat Gaikwad (50), was found dead at his Pimpri police quarters office on Tuesday. The body was hanging from the ceiling. Police suspect it to be a case of suicide but the reason for the extreme step was not known when reports last came in.
A resident of Bhosari, Gaikwad was attached to Shivajinagar police headquarters and was in charge of maintenance of the Pimpri police quarters. He left home at the usual time on Monday but did not return, said police.
When he did not come home till Tuesday afternoon, the family started making enquiries and went to his office on the second floor of the police quarters. Finding no response to knocks on the office door, the family members informed Pimpri police. Soon, a team broke open the door to find his body hanging from a rope attached to the ceiling.
No suicide note was found.
Police said further investigations were on. Gaikwad is survived by his wife, son and two daughters who are married.