Cops book youth for kidnapping, raping colleague
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
A youth was arrested here for allegedly abducting and raping his 21-year-old colleague. The accused, Krishna Ranjan, hailing from Bihar and working as a manager at a packers and movers company, was booked on charges of kidnapping and raping the young woman who worked as a computer operator in his office for two days, the police said.
The accused continued to contact the victim through a social networking site though she quit her job and went to her native Eluru town in West Godavari district a few months ago as she was unable to take his misbehaviour in the office, the police said.
On December 10, the accused went to Eluru and "trapped her" by telling that his father met with a road accident and asked her to accompany him to Hyderabad. He allegedly spiked her soft drink with sleeping pills as she accompanied him in a bus, after which he took her to his house in Balanagar and sexually assaulted her for two days, a senior police officer said, quoting the victim's father who initially lodged a missing complaint at the Kukatpally police station.
The police rescued the victim from his house and sent her to a hospital for medical examination, while the accused was arrested and produced before a court, the police officer said.