Cops challan around 500 for tinted windows
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Watch video: Baba Ramdev caught on camera discussing money with BJP candidate
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Protests against Kejriwal in Varanasi; Modi's rally stage collapses due to rain
The Chandigarh Police on Wednesday claimed to have issued over 260 challans for violation of the Supreme Court order banning the use of tinted films on vehciles. The traffic police also issued over 122 challans for the offence. In addition to traffic police, the Police Control Room Staff (PCR) also issued 118 challans on Wednesday for the use of tinted film violations. The black films were removed at the spot.
The apex court order had banned all types of tinted films on the car windows. The order came into effect on May 4 throughout the country. The UT Police has issued over 1,800 challans since the order came into effect.
The SC judgment had banned all kinds black films with any percentage of tint. As per the order, all tinted films have been banned and only car windows that have been tinted by the manufactures will be allowed. Films will have have to removed even if they are with in the permissible limits. At present, 50 per cent transparency on side windows and 70 per cent on rear and front are allowed.
Meanwhile, during the PCR special drive to curb the incidents of snatching in late night and to control traffic violation, 95 challans were issued for visible traffic violation.
Thirty one violators were challaned after mid-night (12 to 4 am) while 64 were issued in the early morning (5 am to 8 am). Sixty seven violators were found to be driving without helmet.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer