Cops gear up to handle New Year revellers
- Maharashtra Revenue Minister Eknath Khadse resigns after allegations of impropriety in land deal
- Muhammad Ali: A furious and loud fighter whose influence was felt far beyond the ring
- Boxing legend Muhammad Ali's top quotes
- PM Modi in Afghanistan, inaugurates Salma Dam in Herat
- Mathura clashes: After being slammed for posting pics, Hema Malini demands CBI probe
In Rajkot, police have identified areas that have reported a number of eve-teasing incidents. ACP Vishal Vaghela said, "We have identified such spots and deployed crime branch officials in plain clothes. Mobile PCR vans will patrol till 4 am."
In other districts of Saurashtra where the New Year eve parties are rare, district police chiefs have ordered strict checking of vehicles. Bhavnagar SP Maninder Powar said, "Suspicious vehicles, especially those with black films, will be penalised."