Cops may drop murder charge in Bidushi Dash Barde case
- Jigisha Ghosh murder case: Two convicts get death sentence, life imprisonment for one
- Ban pellet guns in Kashmir, Omar Abdullah-led delegation asks PM Modi
- PM Modi, Afghan President Ghani jointly inaugurate renovated Stor Palace
- AAP doesn't have money to fight election: Kejriwal
- Kicking off UP poll campaign, Mayawati slams BJP-RSS, SP, is soft on Congress
The police may drop the murder charge in the 23-year-old small-time actress and former beauty contest winner Bidushi Dash Barde case, with the probe indicating that it was a case of accidental death.
Bidushi, who hailed from Odisha but was brought up in Chennai, was found dead in her apartment in Manish Garden building in suburban Andheri on October 22 night. Her husband Kedar found the body, which had injury marks caused by a sharp objects, on her neck and chin, the police said.
Initially, police had suspected that she collapsed due to diabetes-related complications and suffered fatal injuries after falling on a glass showcase. Subsequently an accidental death case was registered at D N Nagar police station.
However, forensic experts later indicated that it was a case of killing, after which a murder case was registered.
The D N Nagar police grilled her husband and others for days, but failed to solve the case for nearly ten days, after which it was handed over to the city police's crime branch.
"The probe so far indicates that it was a clear case of accidental death. However, we will make an official comment on the case only after completing investigations. We strongly believe it was an accident," a crime branch official said.
"Usually, a killer attacks the victim on vital organs to ensure their death. If she was killed, there would have been murderous attacks on vital organs," he said.
Moreover, injuries she suffered were only on the right side of her neck and chin. "She had a history of falling on the floor due high diabetes very often, suggesting that she fell on a glass showcase, injuring herself fatally," he said.
- Farm incomes may not revive despite good monsoon
- India’s new line that Pak will have to pay for cross-border terror was overdue
- Just how did Pakistan become so central to the definition of Indian patriotism?
- Why AAP needs to go back to school
- Next door Nepal: Detente in Kathmandu
- PM's Balochistan policy: Gameplan, gambit or gamble?