Cops solve astrologerís murder case, arrest three
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Different enemies ganged up to plan the murder, arrange shooters
The police today claimed to have worked out the case of VIP astrologer Ramesh Tiwari's murder after arresting three men in Jaunpur district.
Tiwari was shot dead by two motorcycle-borne youths in police uniform using a carbine and a pistol outside his house in Oonchgaon village of Sarpataha area on November 15. Additional DG (ADG) Law & Order Arun Kumar said Tiwari and his brothers had disputes over different matters with some people in the area who formed a group and hatched the murder conspiracy.
The disputes over panchayat elections, contract for construction of Kasturba Gandhi school in Oonchgaon and altercation with some locals during the last few months have come out as reasons behind Tiwari's murder, said the ADG. He said that three conspirators ó Vijay Bahadur Singh, Kaushal Kishore Singh and Virendra Bahadur Singh alias Dadhi ó who provided shelter to the shooters have been arrested while six others are absconding. They are Dhirendra Singh, his father Jharkhandi Singh, Amit alias Pandit and Lalshanker Upadhyay alias Bachai and the two shooters.
The police said that Dhirendra, who owns Maa Tara nursing home in Jaunpur city, was the main conspirator.
His father had lost election of gram pradhan to Tiwari's father Rajendra Prasad in the last panchayat election. This had led to an enmity between Tiwari and Dhirendra.
Tiwari and his brothers also had an altercation with Bachai and Amit of their village over contract of construction of a school building.
To settle score with Tiwari, Dhirendra and others planned the murder and hired the shooters. The shooters stayed at Dhirendra's associates (Virendra's) house in Oonchgaon while Vijay Bahadur, Bachai and Virendra's nephew Kaushal conducted recce with the shooters. Bachai informed the shooters about Tiwari's presence outside his house, while Vijay Bahadur made calls to others giving information about the murder, said police.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal in¬†fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence has¬†begun
- Movie review: ‚ÄėJai ho‚Äô | The Indian Express