Cops to reward auto driver who returned laptop to passenger
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured in road accident in Jaipur; one dead
- Fadnavis rubbishes reports of flight delay, threatens to take legal action
- Madrasas to be de-recognised in Maharashtra; Congress calls the move unconstitutional
- Rs 526 crore for AAP govt publicity; Congress asks is it to purchase media
- Fearing action, 1400 primary teachers with fake degree resign in Bihar
The Borivali police have decided to reward an autorickshaw driver for returning the laptop of a passenger who had left it in his rickshaw on Monday.
Police said Sohan Yadav (26) approached the police station around 3 pm on Monday to deposit a bag containing a high-end laptop.
Yadav said a woman passenger had hired his rickshaw from Bandra to Eksar Nagar, Borivali. After dropping the passenger, he noticed a laptop bag on the seat with 'www.the-v.com' written on it. Police said Yadav went to the area again but could not find the passenger. "We found documents with a passport copy of a man with an address in Eksar Nagar on the laptop. We went to the address and found that the passport copy was of Jidesh Poovadan," said Umesh Sawant of Borivali police station.
Police found that the laptop belonged to Poovadan's wife Bhumika, who works with a multinational company in Bandra. Bhumika, 27, had recently shifted to Mumbai from Dubai while her husband was still living in Dubai, police said. "We have returned the laptop and have decided to reward the rickshaw driver for his honesty," said Sawant.