Cops who caught gangrape accused set to be rewarded for ‘good work’
- Modi government softens stand on controversial Land Acquisition Bill, says ready for talks
- Gangster Abu Salem sentenced to life imprisonment in Pradeep Jain murder case
- Went to casino for dinner with family, apologise for my choice of venue: Moin Khan
- Ready to discuss issue of alleged stealing of Petroleum ministry documents: Government
- Salman Khan black buck poaching case: Jodhpur court defers verdict
Apart from cash rewards, the Delhi Police also hands out other incentives.
In 2012, more than 2,000 personnel were promoted. Of these, 120 sub-inspectors had been promoted to inspector, 554 assistant sub-inspectors (ASI) had been promoted as SIs, 183 head constables had been promoted as ASIs and 1,253 constables had been promoted to head constable.
Five policemen received President's police medals and 34 personnel received police medals for meritorious service in 2012. At least 125 policemen — 104 of them constabulary — received Asadharan Karya Puruskar in the same period.