Cops who caught gangrape accused set to be rewarded for ‘good work’
- World doesn't trust Modi, says Congress citing British newspaper
- FIR against SP leader Azam Khan over hate speech
- His hands tied, PM surrendered to Sonia: ex-media adviserâs book
- How can Modi honour women if he canât mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Mewat simmers after poll clash, killing of Muslim youth
Apart from cash rewards, the Delhi Police also hands out other incentives.
In 2012, more than 2,000 personnel were promoted. Of these, 120 sub-inspectors had been promoted to inspector, 554 assistant sub-inspectors (ASI) had been promoted as SIs, 183 head constables had been promoted as ASIs and 1,253 constables had been promoted to head constable.
Five policemen received President's police medals and 34 personnel received police medals for meritorious service in 2012. At least 125 policemen — 104 of them constabulary — received Asadharan Karya Puruskar in the same period.
- Under attack over rape remark, SP chief Mulayam Yadav blames media
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit