Is Jaipal Reddy not happy with portfolio change?
- IAF An-32 aircraft missing: Manohar Parrikar undertakes aerial survey of search operations
- Hillary Clinton picks Tim Kaine as running mate
- Judith D'souza, Indian kidnapped in Kabul, rescued: Sushma Swaraj
- Bhagwant Mann interview: 'I just wanted to show system of draw of lots in Zero Hour'
- Toll climbs to 46, Rajnath visits Kashmir valley today
Jaipal Reddy, who has been given Science and Technology Ministry, is deeply upset by his transfer from the Petroleum and Natural Gas Ministry and did not come to handover charge to new minister Veerappa Moily.
RPN Singh, who has been shifted from Petroleum to Home in Cabinet reshuffle, welcomed Moily, who was among the first ones to report to their new offices this morning.
Reddy had been accused of being indecisive and almost halting oil and gas exploration.
Reddy's transfer to Science and Technology Ministry is seen as a demotion and reports have appeared that he was transferred for his run-in with Reliance Industries owned by Mukesh Ambani.
Reddy refused to comment on his exit, but supporters said his options are limited.
Reddy took over as the Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister last year, replacing Murli Deora.
He took on Reliance on multiple fronts over its DG gas fields in the Krishna Godavari (KG) basin. Once India's second-biggest producer of natural gas, the DG fields have been under-performing.