Cosmetic Changes: Galaxy S4 is just an updated version of the SIII
- Day after Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi, Amit Shah condemns politics over surgical strikes
- Prohibition to stay in Bihar: SC stays Patna HC judgment setting aside liquor ban
- US says does not support declaring Pakistan a 'terrorist state'
- Talk on stage at Parrikar event: 200 killed, atom bomb vs atom bomb
- Hurricane Matthew: Haiti death toll rises to 339, deadly storm hits Florida
The Galaxy S4 is just an updated version of the SIII.
Evernote Food 2.0 iOS, Android
Evernote Food 2.0 adds some much-needed features to the app's Android version. Users can now save their favourite recipes, explore many new ones on the Evernote database and look for restaurants nearby.
Last year, Samsung launched the Galaxy SIII, which became the company's most successful smartphone with sales of over 100 million units. Riding on the device's popularity, the company unveiled the Galaxy S4 last month. At Rs 41,500, the S4 is competitively priced in the premium smartphone segment.
At first glance, it was impossible to distinguish between the SIII and its successor. The S4 is slightly thicker and has a metal-like finish on the sides. The phone is made of plastic, but feels good to hold and, at 130 grams, is quite light for a 5-inch phone.
POWER OF EIGHT
The S4 has two quad-core processors working in tandem for optimal battery life. When you open heavy apps or games, the faster 1.6 GHz processor takes all the load. If you use lighter apps, the 1.2 GHz processor will be put to work. This dual usage worked well because there were no lags or freezes while using the device.
TOUCH ME NOT
If you are among those who can't use touchscreen devices thanks to sweaty hands, the Galaxy S4 has features like Air Gesture and Air View to make things easier. You can now answer calls and read texts and email without touching the phone. Just wave your hand across the screen to answer a call or hover a finger above the screen to view a one-line preview of email. Air View allows you to call speed dial contacts without touching the dialpad simply by hovering your finger over the speed dial number. Air Gesture is particularly impressive while browsing websites. You can switch tabs, select text and scroll pages effortlessly.
- Revealing Elena Ferrante’s identity violates her desire for privacy
- Breakdown of LoC ceasefire will make it difficult for army to control infiltration
- Academic publishers suit shows how much they benefitted from intellectual commons
- Lack of unity has prevented Sindhi nationalists from pressuring Islamabad
- India must be prepared to deal with a disease that is growing globally
- Challenge for India’s leaders is to show that strength can be blended with subtlety & deftness