Costantini looks for second stint
- India's naval might on full display off Visakhapatnam coast
- Kerala solar scam: Had freedom to enter Chandy’s house anytime, says Saritha Nair
- Australian national suspected to be IS supporter deported from Delhi airport
- At least 39 dead as Gujarat state transport bus plunges into river
- Cops have a case for new juvenile law: boy who ‘killed 2’
Former Indian table tennis chief coach, Massimo Costantini has expressed interest in taking up the top job with the TTFI, which has in turn asked the Italian to revert back with his terms and conditions. The post of the head coach has been lying vacant since the London Olympics, following which Poland's Leszek Kucharski was shown the door for India's dismal show at the quadrennial event.
Constantini, whose first stint with the country lasted from February 2009 till the Asian Games in November 2010, approached the Table Tennis Federation of India only 3-4 days back with a keen interest to again serve the national team. "He has shown his interest in the coaching job. We received his application 3-4 days back and we have asked him to send his salary requirement and coaching terms and conditions," TTFI secretary general Dhanraj Choudhary said.
"Once we receive his requirements, we will send his application to the Sports Authority of India (SAI) for their consideration. The SAI will take up the matter with the Sports Ministry and only after meeting out conditions, he will be appointed as the chief coach. The whole process is going to take 2-3 months. It would be premature to say anything else at this stage," Choudhary added.
"We have to see how much is he asking. There are other details also which we have sought from him. It will take time before anything materialises. We are happy with the fact that he has shown his interest for the job," he added. The former World No. 39 has also coached the Italian men's national team besides the United Arab Emirates.
- No proof required: MGNREGA does not help poor
- Male-dominated ‘places of worship’ are places where god doesn’t reside
- As Sushma visits Lanka, India should invest its diplomatic capital in finding constitutional solution
- There is talk of 4th industrial revolution. How about spreading the benefits of the preceding three
- It Made China See Red
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2