- Lies being spread that govt will scrap reservation: PM Modi
- Bihar polls: PM Modi's rally at Bhabhua tomorrow gets EC clearance
- Policy decision on combat role for women soon, says Defence Minister Parrikar
- Delhi: 4-year-old girl raped, found bleeding near railway tracks
- K P Oli elected as new Prime Minister of Nepal
Farah Khan recreated Himmatwala's Tathaiya tathaiya by mixing steps from Jeetendra and Sridevi's old films
With a backdrop of gigantic colourful matkas and jazzy costumes, Jeetendra and Sridevi's iconic number Tathaiya tathaiya from the original Himmatwala is still remembered for its grandeur. Now, recreated in director Sajid Khan's remake of the same film, which is also set in the 80s and stars Ajay Devgn and Tamaannah, the song has been mounted on a more lavish scale.
Farah Khan who choreographed the new version of the dance number said that she mixed steps from several of the actors' films like Tohfa, Jaani Dost, Mawaali, Jaise Ko Taisa, Aag Aur Shola, Suhagan etc. "If you see the original Tathaiya number, which was mounted on a grand scale, it had less steps. To recreate the magic, I watched the actors old films and after retaining one signature step and the essence of the original Himmatwala, I have made it on a more extravagant and larger scale. I was not sure whether Ajay would be able to match Jeetendra's steps, but the entire unit broke into an applause after he gave his first take," says Farah.
Himmatwala is directed by Sajid Khan and is produced by Disney UTV Motion Pictures and Vashu Bhagnani, releases on March 29.