Cotton export registration to be capped at 7 million bales
- Sahara chief Subrata Roy sent to police custody till March 4
- Petrol price hiked by 60 paise per litre, diesel by 50 paise
- Chhattisgarh: Six policemen killed in Naxal ambush
- IPL betting probe: Senior Tamil Nadu cop suspended for violation of 'conduct rules'
- Govt hikes DA by 10% for 80 lakh employees & pensioners
Cotton export registrations have touched around 500,000 bales so far this year, the trade sources said, way below the level witnessed a year before. The country's cotton output is forecast at 33.4 million bales for 2012-13, down 5.1% from a year before, as key producing reasons of Gujarat and Maharashtra received poor monsoon showers this year. Consumption by domestic mills is pegged at 25 million bales, according to the CAB.
- Love and thereabouts
- Youth Akali Dal leaders open fire in front of Akali leader’s home, 3 hurt
- Raarewala market: Shopkeepers threaten LS election boycott; Ayali, mayor swing into action
- Techie murder: 2 months on, cops land in UP on wild goose chase, lens on taxi, auto drivers
- Deoband cleric declares support for Narendra Modi
- Row in British parliament complex over Narendra Modi’s past