Could not comprehend Hussain's 'Gaja Gamini', says Naseeruddin
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Narendra Modi slams Jayanti Natarajan; polling underway in 12 states
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- âWonât be vindictive... will ask Supreme Court to clear MP, MLA cases in a yearâ
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- Elections 2014 Phase 5: The five big battles
Bollywood actor Naseeruddin Shah, who was part of legendary artist late M F Hussain's 'Gaja Gamini', says he could not comprehend the film and felt bewildered while doing it.
"I wouldn't recommend it (to watch it). Hussain sir came to my house to ask if I would do it. How could I say no. I thought whatever he makes, it will be something worth participating in it. But I was wrong. It was no fun," Naseeruddin said recently.
'Gaja Gamini' (2000) was Hussain's ode to womanhood and to his muse of the time Madhuri Dixit who played the lead. Also
starring Shah Rukh Khan, Shah, Shabana Azmi and others, the film was a box office disaster.
"I could not comprehend or frame that film. The only conclusion came to me was he (M F Hussain) has such a fertile mind... There were zillions of images he wanted to create. The frames are likes paintings. I don't think cinema is all about painting, it is not all about composition," the actor said.
Naseeruddin said when he asked Madhuri, who inspired Hussain to come out with the film, to explain 'Gaja Gamini' to him, she just giggled.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18