Council adjourned too
- BJP projected to sweep Gujarat, Rajasthan, Karnataka; Congress to get big jolt in Maharashtra
- Seven-storey building collapses in Mumbai
- John Kerry refuses to comment on Narendra Modi visa issue
- Arvind Kejriwal alleges whole media is sold, backtracks later
- Show us the money, Supreme Court says, refuses bail to Subrata Roy
The legislative council was also adjourned Tuesday after the opposition insisted on constitution of an SIT to probe the irrigation scam before any discussion could be initiated on the matter. Referring to their notices for an adjournment motion under section 289, leader of opposition Vinod Tawade and Peasants and Workers Party legislator Jayant Patil insisted their demand for SIT be met first. Council chairman Shivajirao Deshmukh, however, said he would decide later on whether to accept the notices or not. Congress member Manikrao Thakre and Chhagan Bhujbal of the NCP insisted on discussion on the issue.