Counting of votes for Gujarat, Himachal polls tomorrow
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
- Haryana, Gujarat top industry-friendly states, Maharashtra among bottom five
Chauhan said in Shimla, "While 42,000 security personnel were deployed to ensure free and fair polls and security of EVMs, 4,000 persons have been put on duty for the counting day."
"EVMs from tribal area of Lahaul Spiti, cut off due to heavy snow, were shifted to Kullu district in advance but 11 postal ballots could not be brought from snow-bound Lahaul Valley as Rohtang pass, linking Kullu with Lahaul and Spiti district, was closed and the Election Commission has been informed about it," he said.
These votes would be counted in Udaipur under the supervision of a special committee and micro observers as allowed in 2007 polls, he said, adding that the cost of the 11 postal ballots airlifting to Kullu would be around Rs six lakh, which is not a feasible option, he added.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress