Counting of votes for Gujarat, Himachal polls tomorrow
- âBalaatkariyon ke liye Netaji ka mann ekdum mulayam haiâ
- Ramdev âgoes liveâ on poll funding, Congress hits BJP on black money
- Narendra Modi sent emissaries to open talks on Kashmir: Geelani
- After denying a 'Modi wave', Joshi endorses Modi as India's next PM
- Probe Ajit Pawar tape âthreateningâ to cut water supply: EC tells Pune collector
Chauhan said in Shimla, "While 42,000 security personnel were deployed to ensure free and fair polls and security of EVMs, 4,000 persons have been put on duty for the counting day."
"EVMs from tribal area of Lahaul Spiti, cut off due to heavy snow, were shifted to Kullu district in advance but 11 postal ballots could not be brought from snow-bound Lahaul Valley as Rohtang pass, linking Kullu with Lahaul and Spiti district, was closed and the Election Commission has been informed about it," he said.
These votes would be counted in Udaipur under the supervision of a special committee and micro observers as allowed in 2007 polls, he said, adding that the cost of the 11 postal ballots airlifting to Kullu would be around Rs six lakh, which is not a feasible option, he added.