Country singer Mindy McCready dead in apparent suicide
- If Land Bill has anything against farmers, I'm ready to change it, says PM Modi
- Essar Leaks: ‘Guests are very important people... Kindly see they are comfortable’
- Mufti to head 25-member cabinet; PM to attend his swearing-in on Sunday
- Economic Survey pegs India's growth at over 8 percent, says inflation easing
- Rail budget missed the opportunity to lay out an agenda for the future, writes Nitish
Country singer Mindy McCready, who hit the top of the country charts before personal problems sidetracked her career, has died of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound.
Waren Olmstead, the coroner in Cleburne County, Ark, said in a statement that McCready, 37, had a single, gunshot wound, reported New York Daily News.
An autopsy is pending in the case.
McCready's death news came as a shock since her boyfriend, David Wilson, had just passed away at the age of 34 around a month ago.
There was no specific details on the cause of his death, which caused McCready's life to go on a downward spiral.
McCready's two children Zander, six and and Zayne nine months, were removed from the singer's home by authorities following Wilson's death.
The singer entered court-ordered rehab earlier this month after her father told a judge she was no longer taking care of herself or her children and was abusing drugs and alcohol.
Her sons were put in foster care at the time, but it's not clear where Zander and Zayne were at home at the time of McCready's suicide.