Country singer Mindy McCready dead in apparent suicide
- David Headley connects the dots: Hafiz Saeed, ISI, failed Mumbai attacks
- David Headley: Travelled to India 8 times, changed name for passport
- Rs 1.14 lakh crore of bad debts: The great government bank write-off
- Caste came up in 3 suicide probes at Hyderabad University
- Uttar Pradesh has been turned into 'Islamic state': Sena mouthpiece on Ghulam Ali concert
Country singer Mindy McCready, who hit the top of the country charts before personal problems sidetracked her career, has died of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound.
Waren Olmstead, the coroner in Cleburne County, Ark, said in a statement that McCready, 37, had a single, gunshot wound, reported New York Daily News.
An autopsy is pending in the case.
McCready's death news came as a shock since her boyfriend, David Wilson, had just passed away at the age of 34 around a month ago.
There was no specific details on the cause of his death, which caused McCready's life to go on a downward spiral.
McCready's two children Zander, six and and Zayne nine months, were removed from the singer's home by authorities following Wilson's death.
The singer entered court-ordered rehab earlier this month after her father told a judge she was no longer taking care of herself or her children and was abusing drugs and alcohol.
Her sons were put in foster care at the time, but it's not clear where Zander and Zayne were at home at the time of McCready's suicide.
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress
- Strategies anchored in incubators fail to foster entrepreneurship
- Existing regime of film censorship is unconstitutional
- Section 377: A right to love
- PM Oli has been lucky, but his political survival looks uncertain
- Across the aisle- MGNREGA: Making a meal of words