Country-made pistol misfires, one injured
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
A man was shot in his stomach after a country-made pistol reportedly misfired when another man was having a look at it, Bopal police said.
According to police, Maulik Patel, a resident of Kolavada village in Gandhinagar district, was found unconscious near Vaishno Devi circle under Bopal police area late on Friday night.
Police said Patel was to deliver the illegal pistol to an unidentified resident of Ognaj village near Vaishno Devi circle. While Patel was handing over the weapon it reportedly misfired and the bullet pierced his stomach.
"He fell on the ground and lost his sense soon after the incident. He was taken to the hospital where he is stable now," Bopal Police Inspector A B Valan said.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express