Country-made pistol misfires, one injured
- If Land Bill has anything against farmers, I'm ready to change it, says PM Modi
- Essar Leaks: ‘Guests are very important people... Kindly see they are comfortable’
- Mufti to head 25-member cabinet; PM to attend his swearing-in on Sunday
- Economic Survey pegs India's growth at over 8 percent, says inflation easing
- Rail budget missed the opportunity to lay out an agenda for the future, writes Nitish
A man was shot in his stomach after a country-made pistol reportedly misfired when another man was having a look at it, Bopal police said.
According to police, Maulik Patel, a resident of Kolavada village in Gandhinagar district, was found unconscious near Vaishno Devi circle under Bopal police area late on Friday night.
Police said Patel was to deliver the illegal pistol to an unidentified resident of Ognaj village near Vaishno Devi circle. While Patel was handing over the weapon it reportedly misfired and the bullet pierced his stomach.
"He fell on the ground and lost his sense soon after the incident. He was taken to the hospital where he is stable now," Bopal Police Inspector A B Valan said.