Couple elopes, girl's kin blocked road at Narnaund
- Ranji Trophy cricketer approaches RR player, offers money to fix matches
- PM Modi begins visit to France, eye on multi-billion dollar Rafale deal
- Hillary Clinton expected to announce presidential candidacy this weekend
- Tirupati killings [VIDEO]: Man who escaped says will reveal all to court
- Greenpeace foreign funds blocked, govt cites ‘talks with AAP’ as a reason
Tension gripped Naraingarh village here today after its angry residents blocked Hansi-Chandigarh road in protest over the alleged elopement of a couple from the same village, police said.
The couple had allegedly eloped on April 8 and got married in court. Later, the family members of the girl had registered a case against the youth in this regard, they said.
The police failed to take any action against the youth as the court has issued directions to provide protection to the couple.
The enraged mob, led by the kins of the girl, staged demonstration in front of Narnaund police station and blocked Hansi-Chandigarh road for about one hour demanding arrest of the youth.
However, the demonstrators lifted the blockade after much persuasion by the police officials.