Couple elopes, girl's kin blocked road at Narnaund
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
Tension gripped Naraingarh village here today after its angry residents blocked Hansi-Chandigarh road in protest over the alleged elopement of a couple from the same village, police said.
The couple had allegedly eloped on April 8 and got married in court. Later, the family members of the girl had registered a case against the youth in this regard, they said.
The police failed to take any action against the youth as the court has issued directions to provide protection to the couple.
The enraged mob, led by the kins of the girl, staged demonstration in front of Narnaund police station and blocked Hansi-Chandigarh road for about one hour demanding arrest of the youth.
However, the demonstrators lifted the blockade after much persuasion by the police officials.