Couple elopes, girl's kin blocked road at Narnaund
- Combating terrorism must be major priority for G20: PM Narendra Modi
- Obama on Paris attack: Twisted ideology behind killing of innocents
- G20 summit: India pledges to hike renewable energy output to 175GW by 2022
- Two attackers killed in Paris were Frenchmen living in Brussels
- Petrol price hiked by 36 paise/litre, diesel by 87 paise/litre
Tension gripped Naraingarh village here today after its angry residents blocked Hansi-Chandigarh road in protest over the alleged elopement of a couple from the same village, police said.
The couple had allegedly eloped on April 8 and got married in court. Later, the family members of the girl had registered a case against the youth in this regard, they said.
The police failed to take any action against the youth as the court has issued directions to provide protection to the couple.
The enraged mob, led by the kins of the girl, staged demonstration in front of Narnaund police station and blocked Hansi-Chandigarh road for about one hour demanding arrest of the youth.
- Across the aisle: The ethos of India wins the election
- Salvation of India rests with Modi, provided he reforms himself
- Not much time left for Modi's 'Sabka Saath Sabka Vikas'
- Let's admit, India among countries with highest levels of religious tolerance
- Inside Track: L K Advani's birthday business
- Bihar: what happened and why