Couple fall from terrace, wife dies
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
Swapnil Nikate (30), a software engineer with Patni Computers, and wife Sai (25) fell from the terrace of the multi-storey Trimurti building in Kalwa Sunday evening.
While Swapnil survived with fractures in his legs and is recuperating at Pramila Hospital, Sai succumbed on the spot to head injuries.
Kalwa Police registered a case of accidental death, but did not rule out suicide.
"The family said the couple went to the terrace at around 5 pm. Around 5.30 pm, residents of the building heard a loud thud. They rushed out to find Swapnil and Sai lying in a pool of blood," said Prakash Nilewad, senior inspector.
Police said the couple went up to the water tank on the terrace and fell from an attached shade. "Why did the couple go on the shade leaving all other places on the terrace, we are clueless. We are yet to interrogate Swapnil as he is still in a state of shock. Only he will be able to reveal what happened."