Couple found hanging in Bulandshahr
- Dadri: Outrage after mob lynches man for allegedly consuming beef
- At United Nations, Pak PM Sharif plays his old tune on Kashmir
- 2006 Mumbai train blasts: Death sentence for 5 convicts, life for 7
- Modi's foreign visits need to be backed up with action on ground: Rajan
- Diesel rates up by 50 paise from midnight tonight, no change in petrol price
Bodies of a couple were found hanging from a tree near Bair railway station in Kakaud area of Bulandshahr district on Saturday. The police said that the couple appeared to have committed suicide, but they are waiting for the postmortem report to know the exact cause of their death.
Circle officer (CO) of Secunderabad area Shailendra Kumar Srivastava said the couple — identified as Harbhan (35) and his wife Radha (31) — belonged to Bagwala area of Etah district and they were working as labourers in Noida for the last two years. He said the bodies were hanging with a single rope. The CO said they also found a SIM card from Harbhan's pocket which helped the police in identifying the couple. Using the SIM, they informed Harbhan's brother Chandrabhan who reached Bulandshahr in the evening. Chandrabhan identified the bodies.