Couple of Things
- LIVE: ISI supports LeT, JeM and Hizbul, David Headley tells court
- J&K govt formation: Ram Madhav to hold talks with Mehbooba Mufti to break impasse
- Soldier, who survived Siachen avalanche, being flown to Delhi hospital
- DDCA row: Delhi HC dismisses Kirti Azad's plea seeking court-monitored probe
- Net bad assets of govt banks a third of their net worth
Actor couple Karanvir Bohra and Teejay Sidhu have turned producer for their Punjabi film, Love You Soniye. A romcom and family entertainer that will release in 2013, the film pairs Bohra and Sidhu opposite each other for the first time. Sidhu earlier played the lead in Ekta Kapoor's Punjabi serial Kinna Ssona Tennu Rab Ne Banaya while Bohra was
Viraj in Saubhagyawati Bhava. "I prefer regional cinema over Bollywood since Punjabi is my first language," says Sidhu.
As for Bohra, he is cashing in on the fan following in northern India, especially Punjab, and feels now is the right time to launch their first Punjabi film project. It would also be the first time that international music composers and singers, Rishi Rich and Juggy D would be lending music to a Punjabi film. In another first, Raghu Ram, of Roadies fame, will be acting in it.
Other actors include Upasana Singh, Vindoo Dara Singh and musician Harry Anand. The film will be directed by Sahil Kohli. "The late comedy king, Jaspal Bhatti was also a part of this film, in which he had a triple role. His death has left a void that we are finding difficult to fill," says Bohra, adding that the film has been dedicated to Bhatti.
- Government must resolve growing burden of non-performing assets
- Outrage over police assault on students is meaningless
- Right to a toilet: For the health, dignity and safety of women in slums
- Raja-Mandala: Maritime India versus Continental Delhi
- The Akhilesh-Mulayam duet
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress