Couple pushed out of moving train by cops, woman dies
- Mandate reflects wisdom of Bihar, it's the defeat of intolerance: Nitish Kumar
- Man who helped build brand Modi, propped Nitish Kumar's campaign in Bihar
- Global media finds BJP's debacle in Bihar a setback for Modi
- Nitish to be Bihar CM, Lalu to launch nation-wide stir against Modi
- PM Narendra Modi congratulates Nitish Kumar, who says 'thank you'
A 55-year-old woman, Santosh, was run over by Dehradun-bound Shatabdi Express after she and her husband were pushed out of the moving train by a sub-inspector and a constable of Railway Protection Force at Muzaffarnagar station on Wednesday.
A case has been registered against SI Ram Chandra and constable Subhash at the Muzaffarnagar Government Railway Police police station under IPC section 304 (culpable homicide not amounting to murder).
Moradabad GRP Superintendent of Police RK Bhardwaj said that Station Officer Pankaj Lawania of Muzaffarnagar GRP police station is investigating the case.
Lawania said Santosh's husband Rajeshwar Tyagi of Mansoorpur area in Muzaffarnagar lodged a complaint that he along with his wife had arrived at the station to catch a train for Saharanpur. They inquired from a railway employee about the train available for their destination and he told them to catch the Shatabdi Express.
Tyagi said that he did not know that a reservation was required for Shatbadi Express and the couple boarded the train which was about to leave the platform. Soon after they got into a bogie, two RPF men in the train asked for the ticket.
As he showed the ticket, policemen started hurling abuses, and said he was not authorised to travel in the train. He requested the personnel to let him travel as the train had started moving, but the RPF men pushed him and his wife out of the moving train, Tyagi alleged.
While Tyagi fell on the platform, his wife slipped into the gap between the platform and the tracks and was run over by the train. She died on the spot.
- Bihar has been transformed from the graveyard of revolutions to a source of new hope
- Why is Singapore pushing liberal arts?
- Bihar polls may serve Modi a reminder of why he was voted to power
- Modi, Shah hype, lack of CM candidate, may have scuppered BJP's chances
- Across the aisle: Win or lose, Mr Modi will be on test in Bihar polls
- Reverse Swing: Narendra Modi's governance is a lost opportunity