Couple surrender in connection with abduction of Bangalore man in Nov
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- Modi's jibe at Mulayam: âBalaatkariyon ke liye Netaji ka mann ekdum mulayam haiâ
- Malaysian Airlines MH370: 4 questions about missing plane answered
- After denying a 'Modi wave', Joshi endorses Modi as India's next PM
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Sonia and Rahul were the primary decision makers while Manmohan was just a facade, says Modi
The main accused in the kidnap of a Bangalore resident, Dhiresh Shah from the Chandigarh Domestic Airport on November 6 surrendered in Sector 31 police station on Thursday. The kingpins, Kajal and her husband Vijay Kumar, both residents of Ambala City surrendered to the police.
Inspector Jaspal Singh, Station House Officer (SHO), Police Station Sector 31 said, "We have been pressurising the two by regular raids at their residence. Today in the morning they confessed to Amandeep Singh, who works in the Haryana Electricity board, that they were scared. The couple was then brought to the police station by Amandeep Singh."
During interrogation, Kajal confirmed that there was a dispute between Dhiresh Shah and Kajal who used to work in Shah's hotel as a dancer. So to take the revenge, Kajal made a plan to kidnap Shah and demand for the disputed money in ransom.
Kajal was a dancer in Shah's hotel six years ago and had an ongoing dispute over the payment of Rs 3 lakhs with Shah. Due to this, Kajal along with Ajay Verma, Ashok Kumar, Vijay Kumar, Amit Kumar and Devki Nand allegedly conspired to kidnap Shah.
Kajal and her husband Vijay were absconding since November and had fled to Saharanpur. Another accused Amit is still absconding.