Couple surrender in connection with abduction of Bangalore man in Nov
- Arvind Kejriwal released after brief detention in Gujarat over no permission for road show
- Sheila Dikshit appointed Kerala Governor; Congress-RJD pact likely today
- For âcheeringâ Pakistan in India match, university in Meerut suspends 67 Kashmiri students
- Partners & possibles in target 272
- Attacker, victim: 2 faces of Gujarat riots come together for âHindu-Muslimâ unity
The main accused in the kidnap of a Bangalore resident, Dhiresh Shah from the Chandigarh Domestic Airport on November 6 surrendered in Sector 31 police station on Thursday. The kingpins, Kajal and her husband Vijay Kumar, both residents of Ambala City surrendered to the police.
Inspector Jaspal Singh, Station House Officer (SHO), Police Station Sector 31 said, "We have been pressurising the two by regular raids at their residence. Today in the morning they confessed to Amandeep Singh, who works in the Haryana Electricity board, that they were scared. The couple was then brought to the police station by Amandeep Singh."
During interrogation, Kajal confirmed that there was a dispute between Dhiresh Shah and Kajal who used to work in Shah's hotel as a dancer. So to take the revenge, Kajal made a plan to kidnap Shah and demand for the disputed money in ransom.
Kajal was a dancer in Shah's hotel six years ago and had an ongoing dispute over the payment of Rs 3 lakhs with Shah. Due to this, Kajal along with Ajay Verma, Ashok Kumar, Vijay Kumar, Amit Kumar and Devki Nand allegedly conspired to kidnap Shah.
Kajal and her husband Vijay were absconding since November and had fled to Saharanpur. Another accused Amit is still absconding.