Couples line up to tie the knot on 12-12-12!
- Priyanka Gandhi denies report on fighting polls against Modi, says her focus remains Rae Bareli and Amethi
- After Sanjay Baru, former coal secretary Parakh's book embarrasses PM; 'Singh had little political authority'
- Two yrs after townâs first-ever riots, Kosi Kalan shadow hangs large over Mathura
- Modi in TN, Jaya first time targets BJP
- Election Live: Vajpayee weekest PM, tweets Sanjay Jha; Congress insulting Ambedkar by taking credit for laws, says Modi
A record number of couples are expected to tie the knot on a date they could never forget - 12/12/12.
Over 120 Australian couples have signed up to get married on Wednesday at the state's births, deaths and marriages registries in Sydney, Parramatta, Wollongong and Newcastle.
The Attorney-General, Greg Smith, said Wednesday would also usher in the last chance to get married on a date with the same number for the day, month and year for nearly 90 years.
''For many couples, a special date like this has an irresistible appeal, with the extra advantage that it is an easy anniversary date to remember,'' the Sydney Morning Herald quoted Smith as saying.
To meet the demand, the registry is running a marathon session, with the first marriage taking place at 8am and the last set to finish at 9pm.
- Security men at every step, Shinde keeps ‘safe distance’ from voters, debunks charges
- In Beed, Modi factor dents Munde’s goodwill among Muslims
- Ambareesh campaigns for Nilekani
- Raids on Bellary moneylender yield Rs 8.74 crore cash
- MP faces Amreli villagers’ ire in campaign
- JERC approves sale of solar power at Rs 1.13 per unit