Couples line up to tie the knot on 12-12-12!
- Target Uttar Pradesh: Modi goes to Varanasi, Rajnath to Lucknow
- SC stays death penalty of two Delhi gang-rape convicts till March 31
- MH370 continued flying for 6 hours, could have gone towards Kazakhstan or south of Indian Ocean: Malaysian PM
- AICC spokesman lashes out against PM's silence and negative publicity
- Court imposes fine of Rs 2,500 each on Arvind Kejriwal, Manish Sisodia
A record number of couples are expected to tie the knot on a date they could never forget - 12/12/12.
Over 120 Australian couples have signed up to get married on Wednesday at the state's births, deaths and marriages registries in Sydney, Parramatta, Wollongong and Newcastle.
The Attorney-General, Greg Smith, said Wednesday would also usher in the last chance to get married on a date with the same number for the day, month and year for nearly 90 years.
''For many couples, a special date like this has an irresistible appeal, with the extra advantage that it is an easy anniversary date to remember,'' the Sydney Morning Herald quoted Smith as saying.
To meet the demand, the registry is running a marathon session, with the first marriage taking place at 8am and the last set to finish at 9pm.
- BJP projected to sweep Gujarat, Rajasthan, Karnataka; Congress to get big jolt in Maharashtra
- Editors body slams Arvind Kejriwal for ‘irresponsible’ media remark, says it is a sign of ‘weakness’
- Trouble in alliance with Congress, TRS turns to BJP
- Minority panel removed my riot report against Modi: Ex-Secy