Couples line up to tie the knot on 12-12-12!
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
A record number of couples are expected to tie the knot on a date they could never forget - 12/12/12.
Over 120 Australian couples have signed up to get married on Wednesday at the state's births, deaths and marriages registries in Sydney, Parramatta, Wollongong and Newcastle.
The Attorney-General, Greg Smith, said Wednesday would also usher in the last chance to get married on a date with the same number for the day, month and year for nearly 90 years.
''For many couples, a special date like this has an irresistible appeal, with the extra advantage that it is an easy anniversary date to remember,'' the Sydney Morning Herald quoted Smith as saying.
To meet the demand, the registry is running a marathon session, with the first marriage taking place at 8am and the last set to finish at 9pm.