Couples line up to tie the knot on 12-12-12!
- Zero-tolerance towards communal violence, must act: Centre to states
- Varanasi: Violence breaks out during protest march, vehicles set ablaze
- Germany our natural partner, says Modi after meeting Merkel; 18 MoUs inked to boost trade
- Why the BJP finds itself in a spot before Gujarat local body polls
- Supreme Court suspends beef ban in Jammu & Kashmir for two months
A record number of couples are expected to tie the knot on a date they could never forget - 12/12/12.
Over 120 Australian couples have signed up to get married on Wednesday at the state's births, deaths and marriages registries in Sydney, Parramatta, Wollongong and Newcastle.
The Attorney-General, Greg Smith, said Wednesday would also usher in the last chance to get married on a date with the same number for the day, month and year for nearly 90 years.
''For many couples, a special date like this has an irresistible appeal, with the extra advantage that it is an easy anniversary date to remember,'' the Sydney Morning Herald quoted Smith as saying.