Courier firm fined for late delivery
- Manmohan Singh is India's "weakest PM": L K Advani
- 'Shahzada' and 'Matashree' are only concerned about being in power, says Modi; Sonia harps on secularism
- Modi has "deep flaws" in his character: Chidambaram
- Supreme Court commutes death penalty of Devinderpal Singh Bhullar to life term
- Elections 2014 LIVE: BJP to release party manifesto on April 3; AAP and Congress have a 'hidden understanding' with each other
The UT Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum has penalized DTDC Courier and Cargo Limited and its authorized agent for the late delivery of documents consigned by Pathfinder Edutech Private Limited, who were awarded a compensation of Rs 20,000 for 'deficiency in service'.
The complainant alleged that in December 2011, he sent an urgent international consignment of documents from Chandigarh to Canada, through the courier services Excellent Enterprises, an authorized agent of DTDC Courier and Cargo Limited.
It was alleged that at the time of sending the documents, the complainant made a special request for its urgent delivery as it contained important immigration documents of three Indian applicants that were to be forwarded to the Canadian High Commission. The complainant got a report on January 2, 2012 from the website that the consignment had been delivered to the consignee on December 28. However, when the client of the complainant did not confirm the receipt, the two companies admitted that the package was never delivered.
Meanwhile, the three applicants were disqualified for the Canadian PR as with the year change, the rules changed and the documents stood undelivered in time. All the expenses incurred by the complainant went in vain and now it again had to incur huge expenses on meeting all the requirements for obtaining Canadian PR for his client. It is also submitted that due to the said deficient act of the OPs, the complainant has suffered business losses and loss of reputation, apart from the harassment suffered by the said clients. A legal notice was sent to the OPs, but it was replied. Hence, this complaint has been filed alleging the above act of OPs as gross deficiency in service.
In its written reply, the representative for DTDC Courier and Cargo Limited stated that the consignee was not available at the given address and efforts were made to trace him but no response has been given by the consignee. It is denied that the consignment was delivered late.
- Only non-Congress alternative can counter BJP: Left
- Modi has “deep flaws” in his character, warns P Chidambaram
- Nigerian uprising kills 1,500 in 2014: Amnesty
- Sonakshi tweets to campaign for father Shatrughan
- Mamata attacks BJP, reiterates TMC will play vital role in govt formation
- AAP nominee against Khurshid quits, claims corruption in party