Court adjourns Shehla Masood murder trial till March 8
A special CBI court on Wednesday adjourned till March 8 the ongoing trial in RTI activist Shehla Masood murder case as the prosecution failed to produce original call records documents as evidence.
"As prosecution witness Saidutt Bohre could not furnish original call records documents cited as evidence, the special CBI Judge Anupam Srivastava postponed the trial till March 8 on a request by prosecution," senior public prosecutor Hemant Shukla said.
Bohre, along with another witness Santosh Jadhav -- both employees of mobile service providers -- will now depose before the court on March 8, he said.
The court will also hear the bail applications moved by alleged shooters Tabish and Saqib Ali 'Danger' on March 8, Shukla said.
Besides Tabish and Saqib Ali 'Danger', interior designer Zahida Parvez, Saba Farooqui and Irfan are chargesheeted by CBI in the murder case.
Shehla was shot dead outside her house in Bhopal's posh Koh-E-Fiza locality on August 16, 2011.
The call details, believed to among the accused and other people connected with the case, were part of the chargesheet filed by CBI last year.
Defence counsel Sunil Srivastava, representing co-accused Saba Farooqui, said it was prosecution tactic to delay the trial.
"This is surprising the prosecution is not coming prepared for the trial. It had in the past instances also returned its own witness," he alleged.