- Telangana is India's 29th state as Rajya Sabha passes Bill amidst chaos
- Centre moves SC for review of its verdict on Rajiv Gandhi killers
- Rahul Gandhi's remark on Rajiv killers a drama to divert attention: Kumar Vishwas
- Tribal activist Soni Sori, ex-Infosys CFO V Bala join Aam Aadmi Party
- Andhra: Three girls of a family abducted, set ablaze by uncle
Two convicted for cheating in army recruitment exam
Two brothers, Tabrej Khan (22) and Aurangzeb (21) from Bihar were sentenced to one-year simple imprisonment for cheating in an army recruitment exam. A fine of Rs 3,000 has been imposed on each. The duo had appeared for the exam at GREF centre in Alandi in 2010. Aurangzeb cleared both the written and physical test but Tabrej failed in both. Inspection found that Aurangzeb had appeared for Tabrej's physical test. An employee of the GREF centre Ganpat Gavaskar had registered a complaint.
Graft case: 2 PMC employees get bail
A special court recently granted bail to supervisor of a multipurpose squad of PMC — Bharat Kundalik Thube (43) from Lohegaon and his associate Sahebrao Narayan Khutwad (36) of Phursungi. The duo were arrested by the state anti-corruption department for accepting a bribe of Rs 10,000 from residents of Malwadi by threatening to take action against them for repairing a water pipeline in the area without PMC's knowledge. The duo were released against personal bond of Rs 15,000 each on condition of attending the ACB office every Wednesday between 11am and 2pm for two months.
Information heads: Meet on SC verdict
Public Concern for Governance Trust along with Mahratta Chamber of Commerce, Industries and Agriculture will organise a seminar on Monday to discuss the SC verdict that retired judges of SC and HC be appointed as information commissioners. Former SC judge PB Sawant, former Central Information Commissioner Shailesh Gandhi, former Bombay HC judge Dilip Karnik and former Chief Information Commissioner of Maharashtra Vijay Kuvalekar will address the meet. The seminar will be held from 4 pm at Mulgaonkar Auditorium of MCCIA.
(Compiled by Aaditi Jathar Lakade)
- LS polls: Cong playing wait-and-watch game in dozen-plus seats in state
- ‘Rs 2.3 cr spent on bungalow for former Prez, but that’s no loss to exchequer’
- 9 illegal immigrants working on Army premises nabbed
- BJP’s Saurashtra unit split wide open over former minister’s snub
- Modi: Happy that my speeches contribute to nation’s coffers
- The regressive state