- Survivors unlikely onboard missing IAF aircraft AN-32: MoS Defence
- Selfie Gold goes to Sports Minister Vijay Goel but Rio panel isn’t amused
- Prakash Javadekar accepts what Smriti Irani rejected: PMO idea to let IIMs choose their chiefs
- In standoff with SC on judges’ postings, Govt digs its heels in
- Should bury data, said Ranbaxy chief when R&D head revealed fudge: Tribunal order
German Bakery trial to resume on Jan 19
The prosecution in the German Bakery blast trial is likely to submit the statement of accused under section 313 of the Criminal Procedure Code (CrPC) on January 19. The trial has reached the final stages with the examination of the last witness, investigation officer Vinod Satav said.
Bail for 7 in kidnapping case
Seven, including a police constable, were granted bail in connection with the alleged kidnapping of an 18-year-old girl, the daughter of a builder. Her father had alleged that the girl, a college student, had been kidnapped for marriage.
Constable Sandeep Deokate, along with Ramchandra Lakade, Kusum Lakade, Reshma Deokate, Bhausaheb Ghodke and Sachin Kokare, all from Baramati and Ankush Bhirvankar from Pimple Gurav were granted anticipatory bail by the district and sessions court recently. The father had lodged a complaint on December 31 against Lakade and others for allegedly kidnapping her on December 12. The court granted bail on a personal bond of Rs 15,000 each. They were directed to attend the Deccan Gymkhana police station every day between 10 am and 2 pm till January 13.
Two get 5-yr term
- All parties meet about Kashmir. But are they prepared to hear the Kashmiris?
- Wang Yi’s Delhi visit is an occasion to start a conversation with Beijing
- India needs to build legal expertise to press its case in international maritime disputes
- Blockchain and distributed ledger technology can make the state more accountable
- She has not let anyone down. The people of India have let down Irom Sharmila
- Triple talaq: Indian Muslims must find a solution in accordance with the teachings and spirit of Islam