- Dadri reminds us how PM Modi bears responsibility for the poison that is being spread
- Kill policemen, never commit suicide: Hardik tells Patel youth
- From Arvind Kejriwal to Rahul Gandhi: Who said what on Dadri lynching
- Forensic lab rules out drug overdose in Indrani Mukerjea case
- Bihar polls: After Nitish Kumar's remark, BJP promises free petrol for scooties
German Bakery trial to resume on Jan 19
The prosecution in the German Bakery blast trial is likely to submit the statement of accused under section 313 of the Criminal Procedure Code (CrPC) on January 19. The trial has reached the final stages with the examination of the last witness, investigation officer Vinod Satav said.
Bail for 7 in kidnapping case
Seven, including a police constable, were granted bail in connection with the alleged kidnapping of an 18-year-old girl, the daughter of a builder. Her father had alleged that the girl, a college student, had been kidnapped for marriage.
Constable Sandeep Deokate, along with Ramchandra Lakade, Kusum Lakade, Reshma Deokate, Bhausaheb Ghodke and Sachin Kokare, all from Baramati and Ankush Bhirvankar from Pimple Gurav were granted anticipatory bail by the district and sessions court recently. The father had lodged a complaint on December 31 against Lakade and others for allegedly kidnapping her on December 12. The court granted bail on a personal bond of Rs 15,000 each. They were directed to attend the Deccan Gymkhana police station every day between 10 am and 2 pm till January 13.
Two get 5-yr term