- Tanzanian student was not stripped, paraded naked: K'taka Home Minister
- National Herald case: Sonia, Rahul Gandhi move SC challenging Delhi HC order
- Budget session of Parliament to begin on Feb 23; Jaitley hopeful of GST
- Suspended UP chief engineer Yadav Singh arrested, Congress, BJP say probe links
- Will stand by Pakistan if it acts on terror: Rajnath Singh
German Bakery trial to resume on Jan 19
The prosecution in the German Bakery blast trial is likely to submit the statement of accused under section 313 of the Criminal Procedure Code (CrPC) on January 19. The trial has reached the final stages with the examination of the last witness, investigation officer Vinod Satav said.
Bail for 7 in kidnapping case
Seven, including a police constable, were granted bail in connection with the alleged kidnapping of an 18-year-old girl, the daughter of a builder. Her father had alleged that the girl, a college student, had been kidnapped for marriage.
Constable Sandeep Deokate, along with Ramchandra Lakade, Kusum Lakade, Reshma Deokate, Bhausaheb Ghodke and Sachin Kokare, all from Baramati and Ankush Bhirvankar from Pimple Gurav were granted anticipatory bail by the district and sessions court recently. The father had lodged a complaint on December 31 against Lakade and others for allegedly kidnapping her on December 12. The court granted bail on a personal bond of Rs 15,000 each. They were directed to attend the Deccan Gymkhana police station every day between 10 am and 2 pm till January 13.
Two get 5-yr term
- Outcome on Section 377 will depend on composition of the Constitution bench
- Inadequate staff, payment delays undermine MGNREGA in drought-hit Mahabubnagar
- ICDS, the primary scheme targeting malnutrition, needs to be broadened
- Rohith's death must focus attention on the rites of exclusion in the university
- Telescope: State in the bedroom
- The economy is best served by lowering interest rates and blocking protectionism