Court dismisses plea to register FIR against SushilKumar Shinde
- LIVE: Sealed envelope contains 'serious allegations', Srinivasan must step down for fair probe, says SC
- Arvind Kejriwal reaches Varanasi, on way tweets: 'BJP planning something'
- Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 ended in the Indian Ocean: Malaysian PM
- IM's Waqas was injured in Varanasi blast, but pretended to be a victim and escaped
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Rahul Gandhi slams TMC govt; Arvind Kejriwal arrives in Varanasi
A complaint seeking registration of FIR against Union Home Minister SushilKumar Shinde for his Hindu terror remarks has been dismissed by a Delhi court which said it did not find any merit in it.
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate (ACMM) Kuldeep Narayan said, "Having heard the submissions and perusing the material available on record, I do not find any merit in the present complaint.
"The complainant has not taken any such previous sanction either of the central government or of the state government before filing the present complaint and accordingly, cognizance of the offence under sections 153(A) and 295(A) of the IPC cannot be taken in the present case. The complaint is wholly devoid of merit and is accordingly, dismissed," the ACMM said.
The court passed the order on a complaint of advocate V P Sharma urging it to take cognizance of the offences allegedly committed by Shinde and also to direct the Delhi Police for registration of FIR against the Home Minister and associates.
He sought FIR for offences of promoting enmity between different groups on the ground of religion and deliberate and malicious acts, intended to outrage religious feelings. He alleged that Shinde had made "condemnable, malicious and baseless" comment on January 20, 2013 that BJP and RSS are running "Hindu terror camps".
- Indian Mujahideen operative’s trainer suspected to be same man named by Headley
- Cong won’t contest Mainpuri, Kannauj
- ‘It seems like a re-birth, I never expected to see my family again’
- Dev’s rape analogy draws widespread criticism
- Nigerian murdered by compatriot in Kondhwa society
- Pune’s TDR king lists assets worth mere Rs 4.5 crore, has no vehicle