Court extends Saiís remand in police custody by one day
- Hang me if I have committed crime, no apology: Narendra Modi
- Fifth phase of Lok Sabha elections in 121 seats on Thursday
- April 16 campaign roundup: Narendra Modi in firing line of Gandhis
- Serious allegations against N Srinivasan in IPL spot-fixing probe report, keep him away from BCCI: Supreme Court
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score: KKR score 163/5 against MI
A Surat court on Wednesday extended remand of Narayan Sai, an accused in a sexual assault case, by one day in the police custody.
He was produced before the district court of Chief Judicial Magistrate following the end of six-day extended remand in police custody on Wednesday. However, police sources said that he could be rearrested in connection with a bribery case against him.
During the remand period, Surat police took Sai to Gambhoi ashram in Himmatnagar and from there to Jaipur, and later to Asaram ashram in Ludhiana, where he had reportedly stayed for couple of days when he was on the run.
A police team along with Sai, returned Surat on Wednesday morning.
In the remand application before the court, the police said that the accused was hiding details and not cooperating with them during investigations.
When Sai had been arrested, police recovered 21 SIM cards which he used only for two days - on November 19 and 20. He was on the run for 58 days and he had reportedly used several other phone numbers too, the police said.
According to the police, Sai is also not disclosing any name who had given him shelter and provided vehicles to him during the period.