Court extends Saiís remand in police custody by one day
- Sahara chief Subrata Roy arrested in Lucknow, says he was not absconding
- In countdown to polls, UPA govt pushes for dozen cabinet proposals to beat model code of conduct
- Tarun Tejpal among three booked for possession of phones inside Goa jail
- Donât run from big retail chains, face them, Modi tells traders
- Lokpal selection process wonât yield best candidate, says Fali, declines role
A Surat court on Wednesday extended remand of Narayan Sai, an accused in a sexual assault case, by one day in the police custody.
He was produced before the district court of Chief Judicial Magistrate following the end of six-day extended remand in police custody on Wednesday. However, police sources said that he could be rearrested in connection with a bribery case against him.
During the remand period, Surat police took Sai to Gambhoi ashram in Himmatnagar and from there to Jaipur, and later to Asaram ashram in Ludhiana, where he had reportedly stayed for couple of days when he was on the run.
A police team along with Sai, returned Surat on Wednesday morning.
In the remand application before the court, the police said that the accused was hiding details and not cooperating with them during investigations.
When Sai had been arrested, police recovered 21 SIM cards which he used only for two days - on November 19 and 20. He was on the run for 58 days and he had reportedly used several other phone numbers too, the police said.
According to the police, Sai is also not disclosing any name who had given him shelter and provided vehicles to him during the period.
- Love and thereabouts
- Youth Akali Dal leaders open fire in front of Akali leader’s home, 3 hurt
- Raarewala market: Shopkeepers threaten LS election boycott; Ayali, mayor swing into action
- Techie murder: 2 months on, cops land in UP on wild goose chase, lens on taxi, auto drivers
- Deoband cleric declares support for Narendra Modi
- Row in British parliament complex over Narendra Modi’s past