Court grants cops custody of 18-yr-old charged with rape
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
Judicial Magistrate First Class (JMFC) Vinay Muglikar remanded an 18-year-old in police custody till January 10 in connection with the alleged rape of a six-year-old girl in Hadapsar on Tuesday morning. Assistant Public Prosecutor B R Patil told the court that his custody was needed to conduct his medical examination and recover the clothes he was wearing at the time of offence. The Class XII student was on his way to college when he reportedly saw the victim. He allegedly took her to a secluded spot and raped her, police said.