Court lambastes DP for withdrawing rape case "for public good"
- Ghulam Ali's concert in Mumbai cancelled after Shiv Sena's threat
- PM Modi a sensitive person, don't judge him on social media posts: BJP on Dadri lynching
- Why President Mukherjee hit the right notes on core values of 'diversity', 'plurality' and 'tolerance'
- Barack Obama apologises for air strike on Kunduz hospital: White House
- Commercial vehicles entering Delhi to pay environmental tax: NGT
"The application moved in these circumstances is also vitiated on the ground of extraneous force for moving the application and remote control seems to be in hands of someone in the establishment," the court rued.
The court also said "the application has been moved in utter disregard of the sacrosanct duty towards the society at a time when Delhi has become the rape capital because of the schizophrenic attitude of those who do not give any importance to human values and human rights of females in the society."
The police had sought withdrawal of the rape case saying it had arisen out of a dispute between the tenant and his landlady. The defence counsel also argued that their clients had been implicated in the matter.