Court lambastes DP for withdrawing rape case "for public good"
- Solar scam case: Kerala court orders FIR against CM Oommen Chandy
- Supreme Court recalls order appointing former judge Virendra Singh as UP Lokayukta
- Arunachal Governor cited ‘cow slaughter’ protest as one sign of law & order collapse in state
- BJP leader held for alleged cow slaughter in Madhya Pradesh, gets expelled from party
- Indian-American Muslims flay Government move against AMU, Jamia
"The application moved in these circumstances is also vitiated on the ground of extraneous force for moving the application and remote control seems to be in hands of someone in the establishment," the court rued.
The court also said "the application has been moved in utter disregard of the sacrosanct duty towards the society at a time when Delhi has become the rape capital because of the schizophrenic attitude of those who do not give any importance to human values and human rights of females in the society."
The police had sought withdrawal of the rape case saying it had arisen out of a dispute between the tenant and his landlady. The defence counsel also argued that their clients had been implicated in the matter.
- Does Masood's 'protective custody' reflect Pak army's new policy?
- Are we, the people of India, being used by terror?
- New political generation wants democratic socialism, and also economic security
- The Union budget needs to incentivise savings to rescue public sector banks.
- Dalit scholar’s death exposed inability of casteist Hindu to be modern
- Annotated edition of Hitler's Mein Kemph