Court lambastes DP for withdrawing rape case "for public good"
- Indrani 'admits' to her role in Sheena's murder; Peter Mukerjea grilled again
- OROP row: Govt constantly shifting goalpost, say ex-servicemen
- SP quits Grand Alliance: More psychological dents than physical
- Kalburgi murder: Former Rama Sene chief detained in Mangaluru
- Non-state actors unleashing violence on innocent people: PM Modi
"The application moved in these circumstances is also vitiated on the ground of extraneous force for moving the application and remote control seems to be in hands of someone in the establishment," the court rued.
The court also said "the application has been moved in utter disregard of the sacrosanct duty towards the society at a time when Delhi has become the rape capital because of the schizophrenic attitude of those who do not give any importance to human values and human rights of females in the society."
The police had sought withdrawal of the rape case saying it had arisen out of a dispute between the tenant and his landlady. The defence counsel also argued that their clients had been implicated in the matter.