Court rejects bail plea of PGI scam accused
- Lok Sabha polls: Ram Vilas Paswan returns to NDA as BJP-LJP agree on seat-sharing
- UP Police raids Sahara chief Subrata Roy's residence, fails to arrest him
- BJP, AAP and NCP release candidates list for general elections
- TRS MP Vijayashanthi joins Congress day after party rules out merger
- Rahul Gandhi slams Salman Khurshid over 'impotent' remark against Narendra Modi
A special CBI Court Monday rejected the bail plea of the 8 dummy candidates accused in connection with the PGI's MD/MS examination scam.
The CBI replied that the investigation is in the initial stages and the release of these dummy candidates may hamper the course of investigation.
The bail plea of the accused was also rejected earlier by the court of the Chief Judicial Magistrate. The accused then moved a bail application to the CBI Special Court. The accused pleaded that it has been 60 days since the arrested of the accused and the chargesheet in the case has not yet been submitted.
However, the court rejected the appeal and the bail plea was rejected.
The accused were arrested from four centers where the examination was being conducted. The accused were leaking the question paper of the examination to "help" the real beneficiaries.
- Fancy numbers: RTO in PCMC earns Rs 8 crore
- Alarm in Ukraine as Putin orders surprise army drills on border
- Arrests made but two sensational murders still unsolved
- Infosys ex-CFO not to contest polls for AAP
- Monsoon, not Manmohan, led to agri growth: Yashwant
- Now, BJP workers to donate blood equal to Modi’s weight