Court rejects bail plea of PGI scam accused
- Yadav, Bhushan wanted party's defeat in Delhi polls, allege AAP leaders
- Chhattisgarh PDS rice scam: probe widens as police find a list with names, alleged bribes
- Land bill on table, government tells opposition willing to make changes
- His last detention against norms, red flag pre-dated Mufti govt
- Assam MLA claims he warned cops before Dimapur lynching
A special CBI Court Monday rejected the bail plea of the 8 dummy candidates accused in connection with the PGI's MD/MS examination scam.
The CBI replied that the investigation is in the initial stages and the release of these dummy candidates may hamper the course of investigation.
The bail plea of the accused was also rejected earlier by the court of the Chief Judicial Magistrate. The accused then moved a bail application to the CBI Special Court. The accused pleaded that it has been 60 days since the arrested of the accused and the chargesheet in the case has not yet been submitted.
However, the court rejected the appeal and the bail plea was rejected.
The accused were arrested from four centers where the examination was being conducted. The accused were leaking the question paper of the examination to "help" the real beneficiaries.