Court rejects plea to stay draw for plot allotments to govt staff, judges
- Indrani told ex-husband if Sheena dies, we share Peter’s fortune, says Police
- Patidar Protests: Gujarat braces for a funeral as Hardik Patel heads to Delhi today
- Govt plans to set up teams of experts to quickly react to ‘negative news’
- Uttarakhand, 2 years later: A reason to smile
- Inform me of your meetings with minister Prakash Javadekar: MoeF Secretary to team
The Gujarat High Court on Thursday rejected an application by around 37 government employees that include some district judges to stay the proposed draw of around 88 land plots around Ahmedabad for around 164 government employees by the state government on November 24.
The petitioners had demanded that since their applications for the plots under a government scheme remained undecided since 2008 and their subsequent petitions seeking direction to the government for allotment were pending, they should be granted the plots irrespective of the draw results.
According to details, the government had a floated a scheme for plot allotments to its employees as per their seniority. Under the scheme, the applications were to be decided within 120 days. The petitioners had moved the applications for the plot allotments in and around 2008. However, since the applications were not decided by the state government, they moved petitions before HC last year seeking direction for the allotment.
The HC had passed some orders on those petitions and the petitions are still pending.