Court remands Debolina in jail custody till May 5
- Rail Budget 2015: No hike in passenger fares, Prabhu promises modern rail network
- Rail Budget: Ally Shiv Sena not satisfied, but Mulayam says Prabhu has done a 'good job'
- Rail Budget futuristic and passenger centric: PM Modi
- PDP, BJP thrash out differences; all clear for Mufti-Modi meeting tomorrow
- Hummer horror: Senior policeman suspended for secretly meeting Kerala businessman
The ACJM Court, Alipore, today remanded human rights activist Debolina Chakraborty in jail custody till May 5. Debolina was arrested by the Kolkata police on April 8 in connection with the incident at Nonadanga, where slum dwellers had protested against their eviction.
The CID took Chakraborty in custody on April 12 according to the court order, in connection with the arrest of some alleged Maoists on June 29, 2010 at Bishnupur in South 24 Parganas. They took her to interrogate about her alleged involvement with Maoist outfits.
On Saturday, Debolina was produced in the ACJM court, which sent her to jail custody. Advocate Subhasish Roy, counsel of Debolina, said the CID has not been able to establish any link between her alleged involvement with the Maoists.