Court remands Debolina in jail custody till May 5
- RBI Governor: From Rao and Singh to Modi, why Urjit Patel was a favourite
- Targeting NSCN(K) camp, Indian Army troops entered Myanmar
- J&K: Infiltration bid along LoC foiled, three militants killed in Kupwara
- Punjab: Gau Raksha Dal chief Satish Kumar arrested
- Turkey: 30 killed, 94 hurt in bomb attack at wedding
The ACJM Court, Alipore, today remanded human rights activist Debolina Chakraborty in jail custody till May 5. Debolina was arrested by the Kolkata police on April 8 in connection with the incident at Nonadanga, where slum dwellers had protested against their eviction.
The CID took Chakraborty in custody on April 12 according to the court order, in connection with the arrest of some alleged Maoists on June 29, 2010 at Bishnupur in South 24 Parganas. They took her to interrogate about her alleged involvement with Maoist outfits.
- PM's Balochistan policy: Gameplan, gambit or gamble?
- Lessons to learn from Rio Olympics
- Reminiscing after 70: What were the best decades of independent India?
- Inside Track: No party spirit
- There are systemic flaws and vulnerabilities. But India is on the right path
- Wrestlers lose face, and perhaps an Olympic medal, and NADA its credibility