Court remands Debolina in jail custody till May 5
- What signal is Obama administration sending by selling more F-16 fighter jets to Pakistan?
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurates 'Make in India Week' in Mumbai
- JNU student leader held on ‘sedition’ charges over Afzal Guru event
- JNU arrests over Afzal Guru event are ill-judged, threatens basic rights
- Live updates from the David Headley deposition before Mumbai court
The ACJM Court, Alipore, today remanded human rights activist Debolina Chakraborty in jail custody till May 5. Debolina was arrested by the Kolkata police on April 8 in connection with the incident at Nonadanga, where slum dwellers had protested against their eviction.
The CID took Chakraborty in custody on April 12 according to the court order, in connection with the arrest of some alleged Maoists on June 29, 2010 at Bishnupur in South 24 Parganas. They took her to interrogate about her alleged involvement with Maoist outfits.