Court suspends Rajpal Yadav's sentence
- Elections 2014 LIVE: AAP leader Somnath Bharti thrashed by BJP supporters in Varanasi
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Vadra continues to target Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs RR: RR strike at regular intervals against CSK in IPL 7
It was earlier reported that the Delhi High Court had sentenced Rajpal Yadav to 10-day jail term for misleading the court in a suit against him and his wife by a businessman.
Now we hear that a bench of Justice B.D. Ahmed and Vibhu Bakhru suspended Yadav's sentence on his appeal against the single judge's order.
In the new ruling, the bench relived Yadav of his sentence allowing him to complete his film projects inside India, with a clause that he will not travel outside the country.
Further, the court has recommended that Yadav submit a cheque of Rs.20 lakh to Murli Projects. On the other hand, the bench also issued notice to Delhi-based Murli Projects, which had filed a debt recovery suit against the actor, and asked it to file a response by Jan 22, 2014.
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Vadra rakes up snooping row to target Narendra Modi
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'