Court suspends Rajpal Yadav's sentence
- Rajnath Singh does a Sonia Gandhi, meets top Shia clerics in Lucknow
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Amnesty welcomes SC verdict on transgender
- If Modi loses in Varanasi, no one will make him PM: Arvind Kejriwal
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
It was earlier reported that the Delhi High Court had sentenced Rajpal Yadav to 10-day jail term for misleading the court in a suit against him and his wife by a businessman.
Now we hear that a bench of Justice B.D. Ahmed and Vibhu Bakhru suspended Yadav's sentence on his appeal against the single judge's order.
In the new ruling, the bench relived Yadav of his sentence allowing him to complete his film projects inside India, with a clause that he will not travel outside the country.
Further, the court has recommended that Yadav submit a cheque of Rs.20 lakh to Murli Projects. On the other hand, the bench also issued notice to Delhi-based Murli Projects, which had filed a debt recovery suit against the actor, and asked it to file a response by Jan 22, 2014.