Court to decide on plea against Salman and Louise Khurshid on Jan 21
- Arvind Kejriwal released after brief detention in Gujarat over no permission for road show
- RJD, Congress agree on seat-sharing deal for Bihar
- Supreme Court takes suo motu cognisance of ink attack on Subrata Roy
- Rahul slams BJP, says party wants to vest power in one person
- Sheila Dikshit appointed Kerala Governor; Congress-RJD pact likely today
A Delhi court today said it will decide on January 21 if it has jurisdiction to entertain a plea seeking lodging of FIR against External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid and his wife Louise Khurshid for alleged criminal misappropriation of funds of a trust run by them.
The court reserved its order after hearing the arguments on the plea for 10 minutes.
"Come up for order on January 21," Metropolitan Magistrate Saumya Chauhan said, adding that she will decide on the territorial jurisdiction of this court on that day.
The court reserved its order on a petition filed by an individual, who had alleged that the Khurshids had funds from Dr Zakhir Hussain Memorial Trust run by them.