Cow urine drug developed by RSS body gets US patent
- Congress rakes up Vajpayee's Rajdharma remark post 2002 Gujarat riots to take on Modi
- Mulayam's shocker: Boys will be boys, they make mistakes... Will you hang them for rape?
- SC junks PIL seeking reconstitution of SIT probing Gujarat riots
- Modi mentioned wife in affidavit after SC order on full disclosure
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Rahul Gandhi brings up Narendra Modi's marital status at Doda rally
An anti-cancer drug extracted from cow urine and developed by an affiliate of the RSS has got a third US patent for its anti-genotoxicity properties.
The same extract, developed by RSS backed Go Vigyan Anusandhan Kendra, had earlier got the US patent as a bio- enhancer with antibiotics and anti-cancer drugs.
Research for the drug, whose brand name is 'Kamdhenu Ark', was carried out jointly by the Kendra and National Environmental Engineer Research Institute (NEERI), Tapan Chakraborty, Acting Director of NEERI, said while giving details about the patent received recently.
The research found that Re-distilled Cow Urine Distillate (RCUD) was useful for protecting and repairing DNA from oxidative damage, Chakraborty and Sunil Mansinghka of Kendra told reporters here on Wednesday.
Oxidative DNA damage is a leading cause of ageing, cancer and other diseases.
RCUD works against genotoxicity, a harmful action on a cell's genetic material, they said, adding research has strengthened the efficacy of kamdhenu ark as anti-cancer drug.
The research was carried out on three patients, two of them having throat and uterus cancer, Mansinghka said.