Co-workers thrash MNS member over parking issue
- Vote Supriya or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day, halfway mark crossed
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- April 17 poll roundup: Rajnath says only Modi will be PM; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- IPL 7: Yuvraj Singh roars back to form
An MNS member was allegedly thrashed by co-workers on Sunday night for parking his motorbike outside the party office in Vikhroli East.
Police said Sunil Koyande (42) of Kannamwar Nagar in Vikhroli East suffered a fracture in his right hand and injuries to head. He is recuperating at Rajawadi Hospital in Vidyavihar.
Koyande said he always parked the bike outside the party office at Janta Market in Kannamwar Nagar. A few co-workers objected to it last week and had a heated arugment with him. However, Koyande did not change his parking place. Angered by this, some 20 co-workers allegedly decided to teach him a lesson and attacked him with bamboo sticks at 11.30 pm on Sunday.
Koyande claimed they also rained blows and kicks on him before fleeing.
He then lodged a complaint with Vikhroli Police, who registered an FIR. Police arrested three of the attackers — Manohar Gaykar (56), Santosh Hindlekar (4) and Amar Soma (31) — on Monday and are looking for Jeevan Mhatre and Sonu Sardar.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer