Co-workers thrash MNS member over parking issue
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
An MNS member was allegedly thrashed by co-workers on Sunday night for parking his motorbike outside the party office in Vikhroli East.
Police said Sunil Koyande (42) of Kannamwar Nagar in Vikhroli East suffered a fracture in his right hand and injuries to head. He is recuperating at Rajawadi Hospital in Vidyavihar.
Koyande said he always parked the bike outside the party office at Janta Market in Kannamwar Nagar. A few co-workers objected to it last week and had a heated arugment with him. However, Koyande did not change his parking place. Angered by this, some 20 co-workers allegedly decided to teach him a lesson and attacked him with bamboo sticks at 11.30 pm on Sunday.
Koyande claimed they also rained blows and kicks on him before fleeing.
He then lodged a complaint with Vikhroli Police, who registered an FIR. Police arrested three of the attackers — Manohar Gaykar (56), Santosh Hindlekar (4) and Amar Soma (31) — on Monday and are looking for Jeevan Mhatre and Sonu Sardar.